Municipal Gym

Built for the 1935 California Pacific International Exposition as the Palace of Electricity and Varied Industries, the architecture reflects a close relationship between ancient Maya and 20th century ornamentation and its progression. During World War II the gym was used by the U.S. Navy. It was renovated in 1947.

 A variety of sports programs take place in the gym including basketball leagues for youth and adults, open play, volleyball, fitness classes, disabled services tournaments and special events.